Homemade Carrot & Celery Soup
This soup can be stored in the fridge for 3 days in an airtight container and can also be frozen.
This is a very low-calorie soup and can be used as a great snack in between meals.
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 500 g carrot
- 700 ml of water
- 1 vegetable stock cube* use organic
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- celery leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and gently fry the diced onion and celery for 5 mins, stirring frequently.
2. Add the diced carrots, water, and stock, and bring to the boil.
3. Cover and simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally until all the vegetables are tender.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Optional to grate a little nutmeg on top of each bowl and sprinkle with some chopped celery leaves.