Nutritional value per slice.
For best results use a ripe banana.
Cook the day before for a simple quick breakfast or a snack in work.
200 g oats*
1 tsp bread soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
2 medium banana
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
40 g coconut oil
40 g coconut sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 whole egg
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C/gas mark 4) and grease and line a loaf tin.
2. Put the oats in a food processor and grind them down to a flour. Tip into a bowl and mix in the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt. Then set aside.
3. Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl with a fork. Don’t worry about getting them too smooth. Add the peanut butter, coconut oil, sugar and lemon juice and whisk with an electric hand whisk. Crack in the eggs and whisk again.
4. Tip the dry ingredients into the banana mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 50 mins to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Check on it after about 30 mins, you may need to cover the top with tinfoil to stop the top going too dark.
6. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire tray to cool completely before slicing.