Banana Pecan French Toast with Protein Shake
Use allergy free-range if required*
2 slices wholegrain bread*
1 whole egg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
0.5 tbsp butter*
1 tbsp maple syrup
0.5 medium banana
2 tbsp pecan nuts
30 g whey protein
500 ml water
1. Place your large non-stick frying pan on to a medium heat.
2. Scramble the egg in a bowl and add the cinnamon.
3. Place the bread one slice at a time in the egg, flip to cover entire bread. Make sure each of the slices soak up all the egg so none is leftover.
4. Add your butter to the frying pan. Place the egg soaked bread into the pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until slightly brown and toasty. Flip and cook the other side.
5. Serve on plate with a drizzle maple syrup, sliced banana, and a sprinkle of pecans and enjoy with a protein shake made with water.