Bangin’ Burrito with Steak and Mexican Rice
Use gluten-free if required*
1 tbsp olive oil
0.5 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
250 g sirloin steak
1 medium onion
3 mixed bell peppers
1 garlic cloves
1 pinch black pepper
1 large tomatoes
4 spring onions
2 lime juice
250 g mexican style rice pouch
handful fresh coriander
4 wholemeal wrap*
4 tbsp greek style natural yogurt
60 g grated cheddar cheese
- For the guacamole: Squish the avocados in a large bowl using the back of a fork.
- Add the diced tomatoes, sliced spring onions, and the juice of the limes for some zing and set to one side.
- For the steak – in a large bowl mix together the oil, oregano, and the spice. Remove the fat from the steak and finely slice. Tip the steak into the spices and give it a good massage to get the flavours in.
- Get a large frying pan smoking hot. Tip in the spicy steak and fry on a hot heat until caramelised on all sides, then remove from the pan to rest.
- Tip the sliced peppers, onions and sliced garlic into the same pan and fry until they’re just cooked and starting to char.
- Put the steak back into the pan with the vegetables.
- Heat the pouch of mexican rice and the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the rice and spicy beef with the coriander and serve with a dollop of the guacamole and natural yogurt, sprinkle with grated cheese.