Cali Cali Chipotle Baked Beans On Toast
Nutritional value for 2 portions
This dish was brought to you by Cali Cali foods
5 tbsp olive oil
1 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
1 tsp smoked paprika
400 g can mixed beans
125 ml Cali Cali Chipotle Salsa
1 tsp worcestershire sauce*
2 tbsp tomato paste
400 g can chopped tomatoes
4 slices sourdough bread
handful coriander leaves
pinch salt & pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the rosemary and swirl around in the oil until fragrant, taking care as it may spit.
- Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic and add to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until softened a little.
- Next, add the sugar and paprika and coat the onion in these followed by the beans, the cali cali salsa, few splashes of Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, 100ml water and chopped tomatoes. Stir together and leave to simmer for 10-12 minutes until the sauce has slightly reduced.
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat. Add two of the slices of sourdough at a time and grill for 2-3 minutes either side until charred, flip and grill for another 2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining two slices. Set aside and keep warm while you fry the eggs. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low to medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes or until the white turns opaque but yolk is still runny.
- Serve the sourdough on a plate topped with the beans, fried egg and coriander.