Cashew Chicken with Rice
Nutritional value per serving
Use gluten-free if required*
3 chicken fillet
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cornflour
5 tbsp soy sauce*
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 tbsp sesame seeds
3 garlic cloves
4 spring onions
100 ml chicken stock cube*
4 tbsp cashew nuts
260 g basmati rice
- Chop chicken, place in a bowl with the bicarbonate of soda, mix through. Leave for 20 mins, rinse and pat dry.
- Mix cornflour with soy sauce in a bowl until smooth, in another bowl mix 2 tbsps of the mixture with the chopped chicken and leave to marinate for 10 mins.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients to the cornflour mixture and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps of sesame oil in a pan, add garlic & ginger, cook for 1 min until softened.
- Add chicken, cook for 4-5 mins until just cooked through.
- Add peppers, cook for 2 mins.
- Add spring onion and cashews, mix through.
- Add sauce mixture and chicken stock, heat through. Add more stock as required for extra sauce.
- Serve with boiled long grain rice and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.