Cod for One with Salad & Sweet Potato
2 cod fillets
2 fresh beetroot
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 pinch black pepper
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
100 g frozen sweet potatoes Strong Roots
1 handful mixed leaves
8 cherry tomatoes
5 slices cucumber
0.5 bell pepper
0.5 red onion
“1. Place two small frying pans over a medium heat and add a drizzle of rapeseed oil to both pans. One pan for the cod and one for the veg.
2. Add chopped shallot and chopped garlic to the first pan, then reduce the heat to low. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened, then add chopped beetroot and cook for a further 4 minutes, until that’s softened too.
3. Meanwhile, season your fish with salt and pepper and put it in the other pan, flesh side down. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
4. Just before the veg are finished cooking, drizzle in some balsamic vinegar, then season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, place the bed of veg on a plate. Top with the cooked cod, and side salad (Mixed salad leaves, chopped tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and onion).
7. Serve with cooked frozen sweet potato fries as per pack instructions.