Egg Omelette x 2 with Vegetables & Sweet Potato Chips
Use allergy free if required*
1.5 tbsp olive oil
2 whole egg
15 ml semi-skimmed milk*
0.5 red bell pepper
1 pinch salt
1 pinch black pepper
1 sweet potatoes
1 tsp paprika
1. Heat half of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat.
2. Place onion and bell pepper into pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally until vegetables are just tender.
3. While the vegetables are cooking beat the eggs with the milk, 0.5 tsp salt and pepper.
4. Remove the vegetables from heat, transfer them to another bowl.
5. Melt the remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat.
6. When the oil is hot add the egg mixture and cook the egg for 2 minutes or until the eggs begin to set on the bottom of the pan.
7. Gently lift the edges of the omelette with a spatula to let the uncooked part of the eggs flow toward the edges and cook.
8. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until the centre of the omelette starts to look dry.
9. Spoon the vegetable mixture into the centre of the omelette. Using a spatula gently fold one edge of the omelette over the vegetables.
10. Let the omelette cook for another two minutes to your desired consistency.
11. Slide the omelette out of the pan and onto a plate.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
2. Peel and cut potato into thin and long strips
3. In a large bowl toss them roughly in olive oil with paprika.
Lay the chips on a roasting dish and cook for 20 – 25 mins tossing every 5 minutes.