Halloumi Veggie Kebabs with Basmati Rice
12 small potatoes
12 cherry tomatoes
250 g halloumi cheese
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 lemon juice
1 garlic cloves
300 g basmati rice
600 ml water
4 tsp greek style 0% natural yogurt*
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water.
- For the marinade: In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, coriander, cumin, paprika, juice of 1 lemon and grated garlic clove.
- Cook the potatoes and slice into chunks.
- Cut the halloumi cheese into 16 chunks and the courgette into 3cm chunks.
- Add the cooked potatoes, courgette, halloumi cheese and whole cherry tomatoes into the marinade.
- Cook under a hot grill or a BBQ for 8 to 10 mins until the cheese is golden and the veggies are cooked through.
- Baste the kebabs while they cook (pour the leftover marinade over them a little at a time to add maximum flavour).
- Cook the rice as per pack instructions.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and dish up with the kebabs and a dollop of yogurt.