Homemade Chicken Curry
Nutritional value per serving
Use gluten-free if required*
4 chicken fillet
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp ginger
5 tbsp curry powder*
800 g can chopped tomatoes
200 ml water
1 chicken stock cube*
2 tbsp olive oil
2 red bell pepper
pinch black pepper
350 g basmati rice
1. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the chopped chicken and brown. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil, add chopped onions & stir-fry for 10 mins. Add finely chopped garlic, ginger and stir-fry for 2 mins.
4. Return the chicken to the dish and add the curry powder – stir-fry for 3 mins.
5. Add the tins of tomatoes, 200 ml stock, peppers and season. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat. Allow simmering for 25 mins.
6. When the curry is nearly ready, cook rice as per package instructions.
Can also be cooked in a slow cooker. Follow to point 4 then add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook for up to 4 hours on high heat or 6 hours on low heat.