Jerk Style Chicken Skewers with Corn on the Cob with Sweet Potato Chips
Nutritional value per serving
1 garlic cloves
0.5 lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp jerk seasoning
2 chicken fillet
1 red bell pepper
4 large corn on the cob
4 sweet potatoes
4 tsp olive oil
2 tsp paprika
1. Mix the crushed garlic, lemon juice and olive oil with 1 tsp jerk seasoning (or 2 tsp if you prefer a spicier flavour). Stir in the chicken and set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
2. Slice the peppers and onion into 16 chunks – thread a piece of pepper onto a skewer, then onion, then chicken, finishing with onion.
3. Cook on the grill or a barbecue for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently.
4. Meanwhile cook the sweetcorn cobs in boiling water, or on the barbecue for 6-8 minutes.
For the Sweet Potato Chips:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C/gas mark 4).
2. Peel and cut the potato into thin and long strips.
3. In a large bowl toss them roughly in olive oil with paprika.
4. Lay the chips on a roasting dish and cook for 20 – 25 mins tossing every 5 minutes.