Nutritional value per serving
6 lasagne sheets
400 g can chopped tomatoes
300 g beef lean mince
1 tsp tomato purée
400 ml full fat milk (we recommend Avonmore protein milk)
25 g plain flour
25 g butter*
pinch black pepper
100 g grated cheddar cheese
2 garlic cloves
- Heat a saucepan with a little oil and add chopped onion, garlic and mushrooms and saute for a few minutes until they have softened.
- Add in the mince with some salt and pepper and cook this for 2-3 minutes with the onion and mushroom mixture.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and the tomato puree and allow this mixture to simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Put the milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Melt the butter slowly in another small saucepan.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and mix until combined.
- Cook this mixture on a low heat for two minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the boiling milk and continue to stir, especially around the edges, until it comes to the boil again.
- Add half the grated cheese to the mixture.
Making the Lasagne
- Turn the heat right down and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your dish, soak six to eight lasagne sheets in boiling water for 50-60 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place some of the meat mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of the soaked lasagne, then cover with some of the cheese sauce.
- Repeat this process a second time and then sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.