550 g mushrooms
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
1 vegetable stock cube*
1 tbsp tomato purée
2 tbsp lemon juice
0.5 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp water
115 g natural yogurt low-fat
3 tbsp chopped parsley
pinch black pepper
260 g basmati rice
- Clean and chop the mushrooms, onion and crush the garlic. Prepare the stock into 425ml of water.
- Put the mushrooms, onion, garlic, stock, tomato puree and lemon juice into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour with 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl and stir into the mixture. Return to the boil, stirring constantly, and cook until the sauce thickens. Reduce the heat and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in yogurt, making sure that is stroganoff is not boiling or it may separate and curdle.
- Stir in 2 tbsp parsley and season to taste with pepper.
- Prepare the rice as per pack instructions and serve.