Omelette with Chicken, Vegetables & Soda Bread
Use allergy free if required*
1 tbsp olive oil
1 chicken fillet
3 whole egg
15 ml full fat milk (we recommend Avonmore protein milk)
0.5 red bell pepper
pinch black pepper
1 slices soda bread*
1. Heat half of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat.
2. Fry the chopped chicken for 7 to 10 mins until cooked through.
3. Place chopped onion and bell pepper into the pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally until vegetables are just tender.
4. While the chicken and vegetables are cooking beat the eggs with the milk, 0.5 tsp salt and pepper.
5. Remove the chicken and vegetables from heat, transfer them to another bowl.
6. Melt the remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat.
7. When the oil is hot add the egg mixture and cook the egg for 2 minutes or until the eggs begin to set on the bottom of the pan.
8. Gently lift the edges of the omelette with a spatula to let the uncooked part of the eggs flow toward the edges and cook.
9. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until the centre of the omelette starts to look dry.
10. Spoon the chicken and vegetable mixture into the centre of the omelette. Using a spatula gently fold one edge of the omelette over the vegetables.
11. Let the omelette cook for another two minutes to your desired consistency.
12. Slide the omelette out of the pan and onto a plate.
13. Serve with soda bread.
Can add spices for flavours such as Turmeric or Paprika