These crisps keep for a few days in a air-tight container.
The children love these.
Sprinkle cinnamon on top before baking for another option
1. Pre-heat the oven to 140°C (fan 120°C/gas mark 1).
2. Chop off the top and bottom of the pears.
3. Thinly slice the pears
4. Lay out the pear slices on a baking tray, ensuring that none of the slices are overlapping and place in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
5. After 1 hour 15 minutes, turn the pears and return them to the oven for a further 1 hour 15 minutes.
6. After they have finished cooking, turn off the oven but leave them in the oven for a further hour to become fully crisp.