Scrambled Eggs with Vegetables
2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
4 very large mushrooms, stalks removed
4 tbsp. skimmed milk
2 tsp lower-fat spread
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 wholemeal pittas
1. Preheat the grill. Arrange the sliced peppers and mushroom caps on the grill rack and grill them for 4-5 minutes, turning once.
2. In the meantime beat the eggs and milk together.
3. Chop the mushroom stalks.
4. Melt the spread in a non-stick pan and add the eggs and mushroom stalks, stirring constantly until eggs are scrambled.
5. Add the grilled peppers and tomatoes and cook for a few more seconds.
6. Meanwhile, warm the pitta bread in a toaster or under the grill.
7. Season with black pepper. Serve with the warm pittas.