Vegetable Pasta Bake
1 tbsp. of vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
8 mushrooms, diced
1 tin tomatoes
2 tbsp. tomato puree
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp mixed herbs
200g wholemeal pasta
575ml cheese sauce
3 tbsp. wholemeal breadcrumbs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C/gas mark 6).
2. Heat the oil, fry the onion, pepper, mushrooms and crushed garlic for 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, mixed herbs and a little pepper.
4. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Cook the pasta as per pack instructions and add to the vegetable mix.
6. Stir and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
7. Put the pasta and vegetable mix into a casserole dish and cover with a thick cheese sauce.
8. Sprinkle with grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
9. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes.