A Tasty and Easy to prepare Chicken Garam Masala Recipe
14 Jan, 2021
This Chicken Garam Masala is tasty and easy to prepare the recipe. You can either prepare the spice mix yourself – see below or you can buy a shop-bought Garam Masala Curry spice mix in your local supermarket.
- 3 tbsp garam masala spice – if making from scratch see ingredients below.
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 80 g low-fat sour cream
- 50 g butter*
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 4 large chicken fillet
- 320 g basmati rice
For Spice Mix:
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds.
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns.
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves.
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seeds from green pods (or a mix of black and green)
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- Season chicken with garam masala spice. Cover with cling fling and put in the fridge. (the longer it is left the better)
- Add can of tomatoes, sour cream, butter into a large pot and stir until all combined.
- Add marinated chicken to the pot & cook for 15 to 20 mins until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- While chicken is cooking – cook rice as per pack instructions.