Home Made Chicken Arrbiatta with Pasta
If too spicy for little ones reduce chillies
4 medium chicken fillets
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
A pinch of dried mixed herbs
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
500g penne pasta*
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
Use gluten free if required*
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Dice chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook for 5 mins until browned.
3. Remove chicken from pan.
4. Add more oil if required – Cook the onion, garlic, herbs and chilli flakes for 4-5 minutes.
5. Stir in the passata and season to taste.
6. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain.
8. Add the pasta and chicken to the sauce and mix well.
9. Add the chicken to the sauce and mix well.
10. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.