Why Drinking Water is Important?
Why drinking water is important it is one habit we should all try to create into our lives. It has no calories, is free and is available everywhere so why do we find it so difficult to drink our recommended 8 glasses a day.
Why drinking water is important?
Water is so beneficial, easy and is free.
Drinking water has so many benefits:
- Increases brain power and gives you energy. Our brains are made up of over 70% water so drinking it will help you keep focused, increase your concentration and stay alert so you will have more energy.
- Promotes healthy weight management – water can aid as an appetite suppressant and improve metabolism.
- Flush out toxins.
- It improves your skin and complexion. If you are not drinking enough water your skin will look dry and dull.
- Helps with constipation – drinking water will keep you regular.
- Prevents headaches.
- Prevents cramps and sprains.
- Hangovers can be limited by drinking a glass of water with each alcoholic drink. Also, keep yourself hydrated the day you are going out and of course the day after.
Tips to drink more water
- If you don’t like the taste or find it boring try adding mint, lemon, cucumber or orange slices to your water.
- If you prefer sparkling – drink it.
- If it is a case that you just keep forgetting just fill a large 2-liter jug or water bottle and aim to get through it each day.
- Bring a glass of water with you to bed and make yourself drink the full glass before you get out of bed the next morning.
- Drink herbal tea instead of coffee or tea.
- Another tip if you enjoy a glass of wine why not pour your water into a wine glass so while watching TV sip on the water in the wine glass it tricks the brain into thinking you are enjoying a glass of wine.
Maybe at the start, you will be making a few trips to the toilet but soon your body will get used to this and it will subside.