Healthy Cottage Pie
19 Nov, 2019
- 1lbs/450g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 2 carrots, diced finely
- 2 tbsp peas frozen
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 6 broccoli florets
- 5 potatoes, cooked
- 2 tbsp low-fat milk
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Beef stock cube
- 275ml of water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan 160°C/gas mark 4).
- Place the minced beef in a frying pan. Add a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Add the onion, carrots & mushrooms to the minced beef.
- Fry until meat is browned and drain off excess fat.
- Dissolve the stock cube in boiling water and add to the mince.
- Bring to boil, stirring continuously.
- Put the beef mixture into a casserole dish.
- Mash the potatoes and add a little milk.
- Spoon the mash potatoes smoothly on top of the beef mixture with a knife to form a pattern on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins.