Use allergy free if required*
0.5 tsp vinegar
1 whole egg
1 tsp butter*
1 wholemeal bagel*
1 slices deli style ham
1 tbsp creme fraiche reduced fat
1 pinch paprika
1 pinch black pepper
1. Over a high heat, half fill a small saucepan with boiling water and add the vinegar. Bring to the boil, once boil is reached then reduce the heat so the water is simmering.
2. Break the egg into a cup and with the lip of the cup close to the water, but not touching, gently slip the egg into the saucepan.
3. Poach the egg for 2–3 minutes until the whites are fully cooked
4. In the meantime, toast the bagel and make the Hollandaise sauce, by combining the crème fraiche, juice the lemon, paprika and black pepper together.
5. Spread the butter onto the bagel and add wafer thin ham. Remove the egg from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on the bagel and finish with the sauce.