This Pancake Tuesday I think we all deserve to enjoy a few pancakes. Here is a traditional recipe from Oldlums you make for all the family. All you need to decide on is what filling you want !!
Ingredients: (as per Odlums recipe)
- 125g/4oz Cream Plain Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 300ml/½pt Milk
- Oil for frying
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, break in the egg and add about a third of the milk. Beat well, gradually pouring in the rest of the milk and drawing in the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a jug and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Brush a pancake pan or frying pan with oil. When the pan is hot, give the batter a stir before pouring a thin layer onto the pan.
- Fry until golden brown. Turn and fry the other side until brown also.
- Stack pancakes on a large plate, as they are cooked.
- Serve with a filling of choice.
Tip. If you like your pancakes fluffy add a tsp of baking powder to the mixture.
Serve & Enjoy