Signs that you are Addicted to Sugar
06 Apr, 2021
Signs you are Addicted to Sugar.
Have a read of the following list and see how many you say yes to and what you can do to start reducing your sugar intake.
- Feel the need to eat every 2 hours?
- Does concentration drop mid-morning?
- You experience an afternoon slump
- Feel hungry and irritable in between meals?
- Feeling shaky and dizzy?
- Feel a huge boost of energy or fatigue after eating?
- Reliant on coffee and sweet snacks throughout the day to pick you up?
- Cravings for sweet food throughout the day?
So How can we Start to Reduce these Craving?
- Have healthy snacks readily available.
- remove food with artificial sweeteners
- Include protein with every meal as it keeps you fuller for longer with no spike in blood sugars (nuts, chicken, eggs etc)
- Have emergency snacks in car or handbag when out and about.
When the Cravings Start
- Drink 2 glasses of water
- Distract yourself with a task or go out for a walk
- Brush your teeth
- Have fruit
- Have a small piece of dark chocolate