Leftover Turkey & Veg Bake
20 Dec, 2020
Sit back and enjoy St Stephens Day and cook this easy to prepare Turkey & Veg Bake.
- 500g mixed vegetables
- 500g of turkey (can also use chicken)
- 150g grated cheese
- 1 onion
- 25g butter
- 15g flour
- 350g milk
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- salt & black pepper
- Fill a casserole dish with vegetables and chicken or turkey (can be leftovers).
- Chop onions and spread over vegetable and chicken.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix flour, butter and milk in a mixing bowl – then cook in a saucepan for approx 6 mins.
- Add sage (chopped or dry mixture) and grated cheese to the flour, milk and butter and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetables and chicken/turkey.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake for approx 30 mins until the top is brown.