Pop-A-Grain with Chicken Salad
Cali Cali Pop-A-Grain are available in most supermarkets or substitute with a broghie if needed
Tip: For lunch on the go – You can cook the chicken the night before and leave in the fridge with salad and if using lemon juice for flavour add when ready to eat.
1 chicken fillet
0.5 red bell pepper
4 cherry tomatoes
1 whole egg
0.5 red onion
1 handful mixed leaves
0.5 lemon juice
1 tsp cajun spice
2 Cali Cali pop-a-grains
1. You can either boil the chicken in a saucepan or for flavour sprinkle spice of your choice (cajun, paprika, chilli etc) over the raw chicken and bake in the oven until cooked through (20 mins).
2. In the meantime boil the egg for approx 6-7 mins and then let it cool.
3. Prepare the salad by finely chopping your onions, peppers and tomatoes. Mix all ingredients in salad bowl with spices if required.
4. Once chicken is cooked remove from oven – cut into cubes and add to the salad.
5. Squeeze lemon juice over the salad.
6. Pour salad over 2 Cali Cali Pop-A-Grains.