Chicken & Avocado Nutty Salad
Tip: For lunch on the go – You can cook the chicken night before and leave in the fridge with salad and if using lemon juice for flavor add when ready to eat.
1 chicken fillet
0.5 red bell pepper
4 cherry tomatoes
1 whole egg
0.5 red onion
1 handful mixed leaves
0.5 lemon juice
1 tsp cajun spice
30 g mixed nuts
1. You can either boil the chicken in a saucepan or for flavour sprinkle spice of your choice (cajun, paprika, chilli etc) over the raw chicken and bake in the oven until cooked through approx. 20 mins.
2. In the meantime boil the egg for approx. 6-7 mins and then let it cool.
3. Prepare the salad by finely chopping your onions, peppers and tomatoes and avocado. Mix all ingredients in salad bowl on a bed of leaves and add spices if required.
4. Once chicken is cooked remove from oven – cut into cubes and add to the salad.
5. Squeeze lemon juice over the bowl of salad.
6. Toss nuts into the salad.