Chicken Avocado Salad with Rice
1 chicken fillet
0.5 red bell pepper
4 cherry tomatoes
1 whole egg
1 handful mixed leaves
0.5 red onion
1 tsp paprika
0.5 lemon juice
80 g brown rice
1. You can either boil the chicken in a saucepan or for flavour with spice of your choice (cajun, paprika, chilli etc) over the raw chicken and bake in the oven until cooked through (approx 20 mins).
2. Boil egg for 7 mins – remove and allow to cool.
3. In the meantime prepare the salad by finely chopping your onions, peppers, tomatoes and avocado.
4. Mix all ingredients in salad bowl with spices if required.
5. While the chicken is cooking, cook the rice as per pack instructions.
6. Once chicken is cooked remove from oven – cut into cubes and add to the salad.
7. Squeeze lemon juice over the bowl of salad.