Cream of Chicken Soup
*Use suitable alternative if gluten intolerant.
3 tbsp butter*
4 chicken fillet
1 chicken stock cube*
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped thyme
pinch black pepper
175 ml double cream
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped shallots and cook, stirring for 3 mins, until slightly softened.
- Add the chopped leek and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring.
- Mix the Chicken stock with 600ml of water
- Add the stock, chopped chicken and herbs and season with the salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soup into a food processor and blend until smooth. Return to the pot and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook for a further 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and serve using some of the thyme to garnish.