Sweet & Sour Pork with Rice
Sweet & Sour Pork
Sweet & Sour Pork makes for a great alternative to a takeaway or a family-friendly mid-week meal. If you don’t fancy Sweet & Sour Pork swap the pork for chicken or prawns depending on what you prefer. This recipe serves one person so up the ingredients if you are cooking for a few people.
Ingredients for Sweet & Sour Pork
100g pork fillet cubed (all visible fat removed)
1 garlic clove crushed
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp chopped fresh root ginger
½ yellow pepper, sliced
½ red pepper, sliced
1 can of pineapples slices in natural juice chopped
Ground black pepper
½ tbsp. olive oil/coconut oil
100g basmati rice, uncooked
1. In a bowl, mix all the sweet and sour sauce ingredients together until blended and smooth.
2. Heat the olive oil or coconut oil in a wok and heat over medium heat.
3. Add the cubes of pork and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until cooked and golden all over.
4. Add the garlic, onion, red and yellow pepper and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
5. Add the chopped pineapple and then stir in sweet and sour mixture.
6. Cook over low heat, stirring for 1 – 2 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the meat and vegetables.
7. Cook the rice as per pack instructions.
All recipes are from Shape My Plan. Meal plans are tailored to each individual’s goals.