How to Set up my Profile?
Setting up your profile is very simple and can be changed at any time. Based on the questions you answer in your profile we will recommend a daily calorie intake based on the goals you wish to achieve. The following questions are important to be answered correctly
- Height and Weight – Weight must be in kg and Height must be in cm.
- Activity Level is extremely important to answer correctly. (See explanation below in qs – How do I know what my activity level is?)
- My Allergies – Our plans cater for nuts, gluten, and lactose allergies.
- Eating Preference – You can choose between 3 Meals & 1 Snack or 3 Meals & 2 Snack or 3 Meals & 3 Snacks. Whatever suits your lifestyle.
How do I know if I am on a calorie only plan or a macronutrient plan?
You will automatically be set up as a calorie only plan. If you wish to change to a macronutrient plan just go to your profile and tick macro mode.
What is the difference between a calorie only plan and a macronutrient plan?
Option 1: Calorie Only Plan
- Daily calorie intake is calculated for you based on your own personal details.
- Great for weight loss.
- Gives you more meals & healthy food choices.
- Sustainable and flexible.
- Perfect for those who are nervous about starting on the journey of healthy eating and exercise.
- Ability to manually increase or decrease your daily calorie intake (should be done under guidance)
Option 2: Macro-Nutrient Plan.
- Daily macro intake (Carbs, Protein & Fat) are calculated for you based on your own personal details.
- Boosts muscle mass, promotes leaner body and aids fat loss.
- Positively improves your performance in the gym & recovery.
- You can easily customise your macros ratio based on the results you want to achieve (should be done under guidance).
- Meal plan can be more restrictive.
How do I Swap Meals?
Your meal plan isn’t set in stone. For example, if your lunch doesn’t look appealing, simply click “swap” and it will give you a list of alternatives within your calorie range.
Can I Choose meals as favorites so I see them more often?
If there is a meal you particularly enjoyed and would like to see it appear more often on your plan just click the ♥
How often should I weigh myself?
Weighing yourself is an important and simple self-motivator and help keep on track on your meal plan and fitness regime. Writing down your weekly weight and measurements can help you keep track of your success or to help you get back on track more quickly. It is important to note that weighing yourself more frequently than weekly is not recommended, as day to day fluctuations are not indicators of actual weight. Regular monitoring of your weight/measurement is also essential to help you maintain your weight after losing weight.
Why should I track my measurements?
It’s easy to get discouraged when you work so hard to lose weight and your efforts don’t reflect on the scale. Some people depending on how much weight they need to lose can see a bigger reduction in their measurements then the scales.
Body measurements can be a useful way to track your progress. Many times you’ll see a loss of inches even if the scale isn’t moving. To ensure accuracy, measure in exactly the same place and under the same conditions each time. Here are some instructions and tips to help you.
Waist: Measure your waist without holding the tape too tightly (or too loosely). As a rough guide, your waist is approximately 1 inch above your belly button.
Hips: Measure the hips around the fullest part of your buttocks with your heels together.
Thighs: Measure the upper thighs, just below where the buttocks merge into the back thigh.
Chest: Measure around the fullest part of the chest.
What can I change in My Profile?
You can edit profile at any stage. You will need to change your weight when you start losing weight or if you find your activity level has changed this will also need to be edited. You can update your dietary preferences also at any time.
You can also change from calorie counting to macronutrient plan. Both Calories and macronutrients can be customised for your requirements at any stage. We recommend this should be done under guidance.
You can update the number of meals and snacks you consume per day such as 3 meals and 1 snack, 3 meals and 2 snack or 3 meals and 3 snacks.
The profile icon is at the top right-hand corner.
How do I change my password or I forgot my password?
You can change your password at your login page.
What is the Remember Me feature on the login page?
This will allow the website to remember you when you want to access again without having to insert your password each time.
How do I change or cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription at any time. Just go to the Profile Icon on the right-hand corner. Click My Account and you can cancel or change your subscription. See T&C’s
Is there testimonials from other users?
Yes just click this link to bring you to our testimonials page https://shapemyplan.com/testimonials/